The Jamaat-e-Islami, in response to the interior minister’s press conference, maintained on Saturday that Chaudhry Nisar had himself invited the banned ASWJ’s chairman to meet him.
Ameerul Azeem, the JI spokesperson said that in a meeting held in Islamabad on the request of Interior Minister, the government invited Ahmed Ludhiyanvi along with a delegation of religious political parties’ representatives, further adding that from time-to-time government contacts Ludhiyanvi and seeks his support for its electoral ambitions.
Earlier, in a press conference the security czar claimed that Jamaat-e-Islami invited the banned outfit chief in the said official meeting, further saying that he held a meeting with a delegation of Difa-e-Pakistan Council, and not members of banned Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat (ASWJ), to discuss the matter of computerised national identity cards (CNICs).
An inquiry commission under the Supreme Court slammed the federal interior minister for providing misleading information following a deadly terrorist attack in Quetta which claimed 70 lives and injured as many as 112 people earlier this year.
In its findings, the report stated that the Federal Interior Ministry lacks a ‘sense of ministerial responsibility’.
Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar while slamming the Quetta massacre report on Saturday announced to challenge it at every forum including the Supreme Court and the Parliament.
During a news conference, Nisar called the report one-sided as it did not include his stance. The interior minister announced that he would be presenting his stance both in the Supreme Court and Parliament.
“The report also levelled personal allegations against me,” Nisar said, adding that he had offered his resignation to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif over the report.
He said the prime minister had refused to accept his resignation.