Kashmiri militant group accepts responsibility for attack on Indian convoy

0
292

personnel.

Leader of Al Umar Mujahideen Mushataq Zargar claimed responsibility of the attack.

Assailants ambushed a convoy carrying paramilitary forces in Indian Occupied Kashmir on Friday, killing one security officers and wounding eight others, police said.

The attackers escaped after carrying out the attack on the outskirts of Srinagar, a senior police officer told Reuters.

Security forces were searching for the gunmen, he said, asking not to be named because he is not authorised to speak to the media. The two dead included a paramilitary officer and a policeman who died in hospital.

Indian forces in occupied Kashmir have come under attack several times in recent weeks, the largest of which was a September 18 raid on an Indian army base that killed 19 soldiers. India has blamed Pakistan for the attacks, an allegation Pakistan has denied.

Two Pakistani soldiers embraced martyrdom when Indian forces resorted to unprovoked firing across the Line of Control (LoC) on September 29.

The unprovoked fire was painted as a surgical strike by senior Indian officials, in a move apparently aimed to satisfy the public.

“India conducted a surgical strike at the Line of Control on Thursday to prevent terrorists from attacking Indian soil,” said India’s DGMO Lt. Gen. Ranbir Singh at a press conference in New Delhi, according to Indian media.

Pakistan rebuffed the claims with the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) saying, “There has been no surgical strike by India, instead there had been cross-border fire initiated and conducted by Indian forces which is an existential phenomenon”.

SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY