At least one person was dead and 22 others, including security personnel injured when a roadside explosion occurred near their vehicle at the Pak-Afghan border here on Monday evening, levies sources said.
Risaldar Zarak Khan said that the security forces’ vehicle was heading towards the Bab-e-Dosti when a suicide bomber approached it and blew himself.
The dead and the wounded had been shifted to hospital, he said, adding that condition of five of the injured is critical.
The border had been closed and the area was sealed following the blast.
It is feared that the death toll may climb further.
Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri has strongly condemned the blast, voicing regret over the loss of life.
He directed to provide the best possible medical care to those injured in the blast.